Day 16: What We Do in the Shadows
Writer: Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi
Director: Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi
Year released: 2015
If you haven’t seen this movie yet you have to. I stumbled upon it during a late night Amazon search. It’s the perfect film to watch with someone who isn’t quite into horror movies. It’s a horror comedy. I don’t watch comedies. I don’t watch sitcoms, but really enjoyed this.
Overview: A comedy filmed as a documentary that follows vampires living in the modern era.
- Most of the 120 hours that were filmed were improv.
- The movie was filmed in New Zealand.
- The movie was brought to the U.S. after a successful Kickstarter campaign.
- The bars and nightclubs the vampires visited in the film are actual locations.
- The movie is based on a short film by Waititi and Clement.