Day 6: A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
Writer: Ana Lily Amirpour
Director: Ana Lily Amirpour
Year released: 2014
I read that this is the first Iranian Vampire Western. How could I NOT watch this?
Overview: The people of the industrial, Iranian town of Bad City are being stalked by a skate-boarding female vampire.
- The movie wasn’t actually filmed in Iran. It was filmed in California, but it is in Farsi, with subtitles.
- This is said to be the first vampire movie set in a Middle Eastern setting.
- The word “vampire” is not said at any point in the film.
- The film is shot in black and white.
- The vampire, The Girl, an Audrey Hepburn-esq character, forms a bond with Arash, a James Dean-esq character.